The end is near for Windows 7
January 14th, 2020 will mean the end of extended support for Windows 7; with Microsoft no longer providing technical support and security updates for the operating system which could impact 40% of global organisations. Businesses will need to prepare to migrate from Windows 7 to Windows 10, to ensure their computers are not vulnerable to the latest security risks.
Optimising IT can support you to seamlessly transition to Windows 10, enabling you to benefit from the latest features and built-in security to reduce the risk of being impacted by viruses, malware and ransomware. Windows 10 will benefit from ongoing security updates to help protect you from the latest Cyber threats.
Why should you migrate to Windows 10?
Organisations around the world are being urged to migrate to Windows 10 as soon as possible. Migrating to the latest Windows 10 operating system allows you to benefit from greater speed, efficiencies and security:
- Windows 10 is much faster, with the start-up time being better than the latest macOS for equivalent hardware
- Improved user experience, welcoming with it the reintroduction of the familiar Windows Start button and enhanced touchscreen functionality for smartphones and tablet devices
- Extra protection, with a secure Windows 10 secure boot*, Device Guard, Windows Hello, and Microsoft Passport
- To avoid exposing your enterprise from security vulnerabilities before Windows 7 end of life
- Benefit from a single application model across all your devices
- Greater cloud integration capabilities
Windows 10 will continue to be updated – so you won’t need to worry about any other end of life announcements.
*hardware manufacturers are responsible for making their products compatible for this feature.
Our Approach and Expertise
We approach every Windows 10 migration project with extensive experience and a deep understanding of your business – detailing your resources, devices, and hardware to identify compatibility.
Our experience includes:
- Delivering Windows 10 deployment projects ranging from small scale 10+ users to large scale 1000+ users across international locations
- Delivering Windows 10 upgrades with minimal end user disruption offset by the support and training we can offer to help with the overall end user transition
- Knowledge and exposure to legacy applications in both the public and private sectors
- Packaging and automating deployments
- Offering a high-level ‘concierge’ service for C-suite users with bespoke requirements
- Hardware upgrades and replacements
- User profile and data migration
More than 50% of small businesses have suffered a data breach
Windows 10 is 65% better at multitasking compared to Windows 7
99% of Windows 7 apps are compatible with Windows 10
Over 800 million devices use Windows 10 each month
Windows 10 is 2.1x faster than older devices running Windows 7
The average cost of a data breach is £3,000,000
Windows 10 is 50% of the price of a 4 year old device running Windows 7 when you consider maintenance, energy and efficiency costs
Don’t delay, get ready to migrate to Windows 10 by discussing your upgrade needs with us.
Call (0)1242 505 470, or complete our contact enquiry form and we will be happy to return your call.
Don’t forget about Windows 2008 Server end of life on January 14th 2020; discover how we can help you to migrate to Azure.