Cyber security training for businesses and employees
Over 90% of cyber security breaches are caused by human error. Without proper training, your team can be tricked into divulging sensitive information.
Bespoke Optimising IT cyber security training courses can help avoid cyber security disaster.
- Build awareness of cyber security threats
- Educate your staff and management team on how to avoid cyber security breaches
- Learn how to cope with a potential cyber attack
- Create a security-focused business culture that protects your data.
Keep your business secure and your employees prepared.
About our cyber security training
We live and breathe cyber security. All cyber security training sessions are run by fully qualified and accredited cyber security professionals. Your trainer will have the following:
- Years of experience in the cyber security industry
- Certification in information security (CISSP)
- Cyber Essentials and ISO 27001 qualifications
- The ability to influence change and help implement safer practice within your organisation.
We tailor all our cyber security training and awareness courses to your business. Our bespoke training delivers only the most relevant and up-to-date content suitable for your company objectives and requirements. We’ll focus on the cyber threats and risk factors that your business and industry are facing.
Before your cyber security training session, one of our expert trainers will contact your business to discuss exactly how we can help you achieve your cyber security goals.
Our workshops will generally cover the following:
- An Introduction to Cyber & Cyber Security
- Which Cyber Security Threats Exist
- Real-world Cyber Security Examples
- The Consequences of Poor Cyber Security
- The Basics of Great Cyber Security Practice
- An In-Depth Look at Modern Phishing Attacks
- How to Safely Use Email to Share Data
- Cyber Attack Prevention and Preparation
- How Hackers Use Information to Target You
- How to Be Savvy and Safe on Social Media
About the service
Cyber security training: what to expect
We offer two half-day cyber security workshop training course packages:
We’ll also get hands-on with your team, including:
Frequently asked questions
FAQ: Cyber security training
It’s no secret that cyber attacks are on the rise and that if you get hit with ransomware, the effects can be devastating. But did you know that over 90% of all cyber attacks happen because an employee clicks on a link in an email and either fills in their login details or downloads the ransomware directly? How can this happen?
It’s called phishing — a social engineering technique that can trick your staff into carrying out a seemingly harmless activity that results in your organisation suffering a breach.
A combination of the appropriate technical controls on your email — which prevent phishing emails from making it through to your team — and educational tools for your staff that help them watch out for and spot phishing attempts will help combat phishing.
Yes! Groups of up to 20 employees at a time work well for our in-person cyber security training sessions.
Yes, we can conduct cyber security training sessions via Microsoft Teams.
Yes, we can! We would need to work out what you wanted to cover and develop the cyber security training material to suit your needs.
We typically price our training sessions based on the number of attendees but can also offer “day rates” for larger engagements.
Yes! We offer a combined training, phishing testing and dark web monitoring solution for a low fixed monthly fee. This is ideal for organisations that carry a lot of sensitive data in the healthcare, financial services and data and marketing industries.
Yes, we can. Our most senior consultants operate at C-level regularly and brief your board about the key cyber risks and how to combat them.
Absolutely. We often find that organisations that haven’t previously carried out any form of cyber security awareness training benefit most from an in-person or “live” training session, followed by regular phishing testing and awareness follow-ups with our video-based content.