About the Company
Optimising IT provides IT managed services and consultancy, enabling businesses to harness the full benefits of technology to work in efficient and collaborative ways.
Optimising IT offers a friendly working environment where open learning, collaboration, feedback and support are encouraged. Working at Optimising IT is an ideal opportunity for anyone seeking to further their career and gain experience in a dynamic environment with other like-minded professionals. We believe in rewarding hard work and loyalty, and this is reflected in our benefits package.
These are exciting times at Optimising IT as we have adapted the business, coming out of the last 12 months with record growth despite global challenges.
Purpose of the Role
The Digital Marketing Executive reports into the CTO and works closely with the Leadership Team in the development of the brand, promotion of the business and values, lead generation and acquisition of new Optimising IT clients.
This position is a key function in the business, internally and externally facing, supporting business development, working to targets for time, delivery, website performance and budget, helping to facilitate our ambitious growth plans in 2022 and beyond.
The Digital Marketing Executive is responsible for delivering a wide range of promotional and marketing activity to generate new business leads, promoting our Managed IT and Consultancy services to businesses of 50-300 people across a range of sectors.
- Help develop the digital marketing strategy by identifying potential customers, their current and future needs, and monitoring the competition.
- Coordinate all web, SEO/SEM, database marketing, email, social media, and any other advertising campaigns in collaboration with our external marketing consultants.
- Build and maintain our social media presence, managing all channels, creating and posting content.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns and assesses this against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Identify trends and insights and use these to inform future strategy.
- Shape, and ensure adherence to, branding and messaging guidelines.
- Create content for all channels, including case studies, whitepapers, blogs, project updates and industry news.
- Organise and support client / influencer seminars, exhibitions and corporate events.
- Analyse client touchpoints and post-project processes to enhance new lead generation.
- Assess ROI for relevant partnerships, promotions and general marketing spend.
- Contribute to the production of tenders bids, including template population, images, infographics and proposal drafting.
- Generate new leads, building and maintaining long-lasting prospect and customer relationships.
- Maintain up to date records on the company’s CRM system.
- Attend training and update meetings to ensure company knowledge is kept up to date, this may involve the need to achieve accreditations.
- Assist in the production of marketing collateral, including supplier liaison and briefing of external marketing agencies, product suppliers and venues.
- Support with ad hoc administrative duties and any other marketing duties required.
- Maintain client confidentiality in all interactions and immediately raise any information security concerns.
Core skills and behaviours around the role and how we expect it to be delivered.
- Applies marketing experience to coordinate highly successful marketing activities.
- Applies experience to achieve objectives consistently and highlight any risks and issues.
- Accurately records activity in the CRM.
- Delivers a high level of brand adherence, producing high quality and consistent written copy showing attention to detail and confidentiality throughout. (Specific technical content will be provided).
- Applies experience to manage workload appropriately, prioritising tasks, working in an organised and methodical way and recognising the impact of issues or delays on the business.
- Shows confidence in communicating to and with Board level decision makers, eg IT & Finance Directors.
- Presents a professional and knowledgeable image of the company throughout all interactions.
- Pro-actively builds own knowledge and experience to keep up to date with existing and emerging marketing trends.
- Shares knowledge with colleagues in an open and supportive manner.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the commercial pressures of a small business and how their own actions can affect these.
- Applies knowledge of Information Security to ensure all company and client data and systems are kept safe from threats.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a Digital Marketing Executive or Coordination role
- A track record of contribution to successful multi-channel marketing project delivery
- Self-starter, able to work independently and bring new ideas for increasing marketing ROI
- Experience in managing and developing client relationships
- Confidence and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with WordPress
- Working knowledge of content and design-based software packages
- Experience of SEO and digital PR
- Experience of the WordPress Divi framework
- Marketing Degree
- Experience of working in a business development /marketing role within an IT Services or Cyber Security Consultants
- Basic working knowledge of the technologies and services implemented by Optimising IT, including:
- IT Support and Managed Services
- Information and Cyber Security principles
- Cloud solutions
Salary and Benefits
- 30-40 hours per week, preferably Monday to Friday. Hours can be arranged flexibly to suit.
- Salary c£30,000 FTE Depending on Experience
- Leave starting at 24 days, plus public holidays, rising with length of service.
- Private Health cover
- Death in service cover
- The location of the role will be flexible, with time split between working from home and in the office.
- Driving license and transport desirable.
- Some evening and weekend working may be required.